Home Computer Help
Problems at home can range from computer issues to software problems to connection issues.
- Check the help sites for your computer, the software, and your Internet Service Provider.
- Identify a local individual with technical expertise you can call for help.
- Determine what phone or e-mail technical support you are entitled to from your computer company and software.
Campus Help Desks
For general technology assistance and help in connecting to campus resources, contact the Help Desk from your home campus. Many provide documentation and tutorials.
- First, try to figure it out yourself using some of the resources available through D2L. On the homepage (before you select your course), there is a link for the Helpdesk Knowledge Base.
- If that doesn't work try contacting the DoIT Helpdesk at (698) 264-HELP (hours).
- Finally, if all else fails, e-mail D2L support at
Campus Library Help
When you are using campus library resources as a distance student, it is essential to read the pages they develop to guide off-campus users. See the library links for more resources.